I really do talk...and you can hear me at your next festival, conference, meeting, or banquet!
It's always a privilege to talk to and with like-minded farm and homestead folks about a number of topics—especially inspiring a spark in the younger generations for individual liberty and enjoying the work of their hands—all while benefitting from the fruit of their own labors. Depending on distances to events, I can also demonstrate old-fashioned farming or wood-working skills for the small farm or homestead.
I'm available to speak or demonstrate at a limited number of homesteading conferences, scout meetings, FFA or 4-H events, homeschool conventions, graduation ceremonies, father-son retreats, church conferences, banquets or other similar events each year.
The following are possible speaking topics or demonstrations (however, with advance notice, I can prepare a topic at your request):
- Practical Reasons for the Small Farm (or Homestead) Life
- Getting Started Homesteading
- Self-sufficiency on the Small Farm (or Homestead)
- Lessons Learned From the Southern Traditional Farm
- A Recipe for Successful Farming (or Homesteading)
- The Farm Family—Past and Future
- The Great American Farmer/Patriots
- Reasons for Living a Self-sufficient Life
- Character Building on the Farm
- The Farmer—A Student of Nature
- Farming (or Homesteading) for Your Health
- Making Homemade Lumber with a Chainsaw
- Outbuildings for the Homestead
- Southern Traditional Farming (Speech or Demonstration)
- 19th Century Woodworking on a Southern Traditional Farm (Demonstration)
- 12 Things I Wish Somebody Would Have Said at My High School Graduation (for homeschool, private, or public graduation ceremonies)
Just email me here for booking information or to schedule a speech or demonstration for your next event.
Join Pa Mac as he demonstrates Old Time Farm Ways at the 2017 South Arkansas Homestead Conference in Rison, Arkansas on Friday and Saturday, March 31st and April 1st. Watch Pa Mac work with many old-style hand tools as he explains 19th century woodworking skills along with other day-to-day practices of the typical southern subsistence farm. From “riving” wood shingles to hewing logs...from haymaking with simple tools to crafting your own tool handles, see how many of these “old-time” ways are still relevant for today’s homestead! (And Pa Mac and his family will be performing bluegrass during the Friday evening benefit meal, too!) For details on the 2017 Arkansas Homestead Conference go here. Watch Pa Mac as he demonstrates old time farm ways of the 1800’s at the Greasy Creek General Store in Buffalo, Missouri. For more details, check this here out! Visit with Pa Mac and family as he demonstrates old time farm ways at the Holly Springs Homestead. For more details, look at this!