I really do talk...and you can hear me at your next festival, conference, meeting, or banquet!
It's always a privilege to talk to and with like-minded farm and homestead folks about a number of topics—especially inspiring a spark in the younger generations for individual liberty and enjoying the work of their hands—all while benefitting from the fruit of their own labors. Depending on distances to events, I can also demonstrate old-fashioned farming or wood-working skills for the small farm or homestead.
I'm available to speak or demonstrate at a limited number of homesteading conferences, scout meetings, FFA or 4-H events, homeschool conventions, graduation ceremonies, father-son retreats, church conferences, banquets or other similar events each year.
The following are possible speaking topics or demonstrations (however, with advance notice, I can prepare a topic at your request):
- Practical Reasons for the Small Farm (or Homestead) Life
- Getting Started Homesteading
- Self-sufficiency on the Small Farm (or Homestead)
- Lessons Learned From the Southern Traditional Farm
- A Recipe for Successful Farming (or Homesteading)
- The Farm Family—Past and Future
- The Great American Farmer/Patriots
- Reasons for Living a Self-sufficient Life
- Character Building on the Farm
- The Farmer—A Student of Nature
- Farming (or Homesteading) for Your Health
- Making Homemade Lumber with a Chainsaw
- Outbuildings for the Homestead
- Southern Traditional Farming (Speech or Demonstration)
- 19th Century Woodworking on a Southern Traditional Farm (Demonstration)
- 12 Things I Wish Somebody Would Have Said at My High School Graduation (for homeschool, private, or public graduation ceremonies)
Just email me here for booking information or to schedule a speech or demonstration for your next event.
The Greasy Creek General Store in Buffalo, Missouri will be kickin’ off the spring season with their 2nd annual 1800's Day Spring Fest on Friday, April 28th and Saturday, April 29th!
There’ll be a host of good vendors and demonstrators highlighting information, hands-on activities, and live demonstrations of life 200 years ago. And join Pa Mac there as he demonstrates old time farm ways of the 1800’s.
Come watch the blacksmiths hard at work in the blacksmith shop, listen to presentations on the lives of incredible people from history, like Clara Barton and George Washington Carver, and other inspiring stories. See how things were done back in the old days—from spinning thread and weaving cloth to making paper and sewing leather. There’ll also be live music lined up at various times throughout the event.
The General Store will have sales and specials going on throughout both days, brand new products will be set out that weekend, and we'll be randomly calling out Instant Winner Games over the loudspeakers! All this will be in conjunction with their usual garden plants, herbs, and flowers, as well as outdoor furniture and planters.
It’ll be a weekend of great fun for the whole family, so mark your calendars for April 28th and 29th!
For more details, check this here out!
Visit with Pa Mac and family as he demonstrates old time farm ways at the Holly Springs Homestead. For more details, look at this!